Fees & Insurance
North Star Mental Health, LLC is contracted with all the major insurance plans, and is working toward being contracted with other insurances. Please call to see if North Star Mental Health, LLC is in network for your insurance. Please be aware that you will be responsible for any portion of your bill (e.g., copay or deductible) that insurance does not cover.
We are in network with:
- BlueCross and BlueShield
Several people elect to pay for their therapy in cash for various reasons. Reasons for this include:
1) Your treatment and diagnosis will not be part of your insurance records, and your insurance company will not be able to access your treatment records.
2) Many people seek therapy for general life problems and prefer not to be viewed from a medical model that requires a diagnosis, as is required by insurance companies.
3) When paying in cash you and your therapist decide the length, frequency, and modality of therapy.
4) You will be able to have a telephone session if you happen to be out of town, home with a sick child, concerned about driving in inclement weather, or otherwise unable to attend a session in person.
5) You can also pick your therapist and not worry about having to change therapists if you change insurance providers.
If considering paying in cash, be aware that many insurance companies allow you to set up a Health Savings Account (HSA) that you can use to pay for therapy sessions.
North Star Mental Health, LLC does offer a sliding scale in some cases. Please ask about our veterans and first responders discounts.
North Star Mental Health, LLC does offer psychological evaluations for certain court matters. In most cases insurance does not pay for such evaluations and payment will have to be made in cash. Additionally, any testimony or depositions related to therapy will have to be paid for in cash, as they are not covered by insurance.
St Paul Therapy St Paul Therapy